Mozambique has an incredible Marine Biodiversity that is rich for economic and tourism development, but also a challenge.
This is the reason that Biofund (WCS Mozambique partner) and French Embassy are organizing exhibition of documentaries and workshops to discuss how to reconcile economic and human activities and the preservation of marine biodiversity in Mozambique.
One of the great moments of the event will be the screening of the documentary “Mother Ocean”, as part of the collaboration of the “Bitonga Divers Association”, that aims to raise awareness in the local community about the importance of protecting the marine environment.
The documentary will be followed by a Round Table attended by:
- A representative of the Government of Mozambique - IIP and Maputo Special Reserve
- A representative of Civil Society - WWF
- One Private Sector Representative - Pescamar
- A representative of the NGO Bitonga Divers - António Sacramento
- Moderation: BIOFUND (Sean Nazerali)
Each sector will contribute to the debate and will identify the actions needed to preserve our oceans!